Thursday, May 11, 2006

An Old Friend, Reconnection and Passing Days...

Have made contact in recent days with an old friend that I grew up with that I haven't seen or even seen pictures of in years. Kent and I went through grade school, junior high and high school together. We played summer baseball together and basketball in Jr. High. We even both liked the same girl, Mindy... Ahhhhhhh.... We recently shared pic's of ourselves and families on ringo.com which is pretty neat for that kind of thing and shared some emails that kind of got us caught up after 30 years. Visiting with Kent made me think about simplier and enjoyable times. When responsibilites were much less stressful and weighty. We use to play kickball by the hour during the day when we were kids and nights were spent playing hide and go seek, four square under the lights and other games that involved girls and kissing that I better not go into. Ha... Memories... Now that I've made contact with Kent there are other old friends I'd like to reconnect with just to see how their lives have turned out. When we were kids we were always told by adults that the older you get the faster time goes by. They were so right. Where have the past 30-4o years gone? Life seems to get away at an alarming speed these days. If you happen to be younger, trust me your days will begin to click along at a break neck speed, so enjoy them while you can and reconnect with people in your life that were once important if you get the chance.

5 Comments:

Blogger Coley said...

But aren't you so glad you never lost touch with me over the years! Your life would be so sad!!!!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Mark Short said...

How do I want to answer that. Your indeed special, but your skills on the baseball field and basketball court leave something to be desired. Although we never played, I have a suspicion you would have been a good KICKBALL player. Ha....

5:12 PM  
Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

Hi Mark! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you this week. I think we could've had some rocking sarcastic conversations. :)

6:35 AM  
Blogger Mark Short said...

Hey Jana... Hopefully we'll get our chance. Have heard lot's of good things about you.. But of course most of that came from Nic so what can you believe??? Looking forward to our meeting...

9:56 PM  
Blogger Mark Short said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home