Friday, April 28, 2006

Rain, Umbrellas and Expectation....

There's a lot to be said for expectation. In the church world we call it FAITH... Knowing that God is going to do something even when the things we're looking at say otherwise. As you might know it's been really dry here in Southwest Missouri, NW Arkansas, NE Oklahoma. A couple of weeks ago I preached a message concerning the lost expectation of the church. I said if we really expected God to come down in our church today we would be doing certain things to get ready and show we truly are expecting God to move, that we aren't doing. Just like if we were really expecting it to rain we would carry our umbrellas around with us knowing that at anytime we could need them. BECAUSE WE WERE EXPECTING RAIN. To reiterate my point last Sunday I brought my umbrella to church sat it against the pulpit. I just commented, "I guess everyone knows what I'm expecting?" Well I won't take credit but expectation (faith) produces... It rained last Sunday afternoon almost as soon as church was over. It rained close to 3 inches in our area the next day and has been raining today and is suppose to rain hard for the next several days. Thank you LORD.... I believe I'll just carry my umbrella a little more often. And do a few other things in some other areas that will show God I'M EXPECTING.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Coley said...

Fantastic post, my friend! I know I am personally expecting God to do something "exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we can ask or think or even dare to imagine" in my own life. So, thanks for the reminder to exercise my FAITH! I'm going to start doing some things that will show God that I am expecting Him to "move in a way I've never seen before!"

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home